WOYWW 306

A gracious good morning fellow crafters. Thanks for stopping by to see what kind of er mess my desk is starting out as today.

15/10/5

15/10/5

Yesterday I started the 15/10/5 challenge for Lifebookย . The idea is that we were supposed to be focused on just our art for 15/10/5 minutes. Well that worked well for me, except I essentially finished 3 backgrounds. Pretty good I guess. So today I plan to finish off the details without the stop watch at the ready. I used my newly acquired discontinued Adirondack acrylic paint dabbers and my Neocolor II crayons on three different substrates. From the left:

• 15: Watercolor paper with earthtone colors listening to Epic soundtracks. Very dark for me. But as I worked a strange face emerged. I have been binge watching Supernatural lately, so this is no surprise. I plan on using my white pen collection to add crazy details.
  • 10: Backing from printed scrapbook paper with a variety of bright and light colors listening to Broadway tunes. This is definitely more my style. Had such fun messing with the background using my Artist Loft Academic Level Metallic White and whatever blue was on my recently used dabber. You can really see the brush strokes. ย Adding a mixture of greens/teals/blues to the bottom and sunshine yellow for the “globes”. First time using Winsor & Newton Ink for accent. I definitely see happy faces and sparkle dust in it’s future.
  • 5: Thanksgiving Day card with a Southwest color scheme listening to smooth jazz. Copper and gold found their way onto this small 5×7 piece with Terra Cotta, Hazelnut and Phthalo Turquoise. I plan on adding a sentiment to the positive message peaking out from behind the paints.

My art director oversaw the action from on high.

Newton

Newton

To see the rest of the creative world please visit the lovely Julia at Stamping Ground. Our hostess with the mostess.

23 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Create With Joy
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 19:25:51

You artwork is gorgeous, Pat – but of course it is Newton that has stolen my heart!

Thanks for stopping by – have yourself a wow-some kind of WOYWW!

2. neet
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 19:34:59

I just love your art director.
    So you craft to music – must try that and see what I come up with. Maybe whilst journalling.
    Hugs & Thanks for visiting me – Neet 23 x

3. Carol N
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 20:45:45

I agree that the one image is rather dark. But today I’m watching an old Troy Donahue/Joey Heatherton movie called “My Blood Runs Cold” (or something like that and it’s very suspenseful). I like the brighter pages. And Newton is a real cutie!
    Carol N #51

4. Ali H
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 21:04:32

Thanks for your visit ! Lots of colourful projects this week ! Love how your work “forecat” is supervising you from on high ! Ali #18

5. Vickie Doswell aka okienurse
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 21:11:51

Great art in the works. I am so far behind on anything and everything recently. I think I kept up the month of January and nothing since…gotta get busy. Love the picture of Newton. Thanks for visiting my desk. Vickie #8

6. Dawn Francis
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 22:54:16

Lots of creativity going on here!
    Dawn #64

7. Angela
    Apr 15, 2015 @ 23:31:24

Pleased to see there is a furry friend to keep an eye on your progress. Have a great crafty week, Angela x 36 x

8. April Story
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 01:21:08

Looks like you’ve been very creative. It is very interesting how different music produces different art. April #54

9. Robyn Oliver
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 04:25:09

Hi Pat – my you did well, I’d still be staring at the paper and trying to block the music. Thanks for visiting my desk and enjoy your week Cheers RobynO#22

10. Kristiina
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 04:57:20

Cool projects, I think a time limit would turn my fingers cold, but I know that when your at it, lots can be done with little time! Lovely array of paints and colours, happy belated woyww!

Kristiina #15

11. Sue
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 07:28:56

Pat, Loving your various artwork. Also adore your cat.

Thanks for stopping by my blog.

Happy WOYWW
    Sue #25

12. Shel C
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 15:29:16

Oh yes, the time limit challenge from Lifebook! I have watched the lesson but have not yet done the project. You would think I would have the time for that! I am wondering if you aquired your new dabbers from Tuesday Morning store..lol..I got some of those there the other day. Thanks for stopping by my desk earlier ๐Ÿ™‚ Shel@PaperOcotilloStudio #17

13. Lisca Meijer
    Apr 16, 2015 @ 21:21:25

Art with a stop watch! Well, it seems to work for you. There’s lots going on on your desk.
    I love Newton. Give him a cuddle from me.
    Thanks for visiting,
    have a great week,
    Lisca

14. Sharon Madson
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 00:13:09

Pat thanks for your earlier visit to my space. Oh, and I was going to tell you, that my marker storage is formerly a spice rack, not a wine rack. ๐Ÿ™‚ I am loving your art director! This timed thing is interesting. I tend to loose myself for hours! Happy WOYWW! #65

15. Claire G (HamnMule Designs)
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 00:15:29

Hey Pat, thanks for the visit, sorry for the lateness of mine! I LOVE that idea of 15/10/5 mins and that you detail what music you were listening too. I bought a ton of those discounted paint daubers too – great minds. Isn’t Newton a sweetie. Cx #55

16. Nikki C
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 01:55:38

that would be tough to create in 15 10 5 min no time to think just create it’s a fabby way to warm up ๐Ÿ™‚
    hugs Nikki 10
    Ps send me an email so I can send you your digi’s too

17. RosA
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 04:43:15

I’ve heard good things about those Neocolor Crayons! I think I might need them ๐Ÿ™‚

18. Annie Claxton
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 08:10:59

Wonderful pieces of work Pat, and very impressive to achieve them in such a short time. Maybe it’s because you have such a handsome art director! :o) Annie C #60

19. Diana Taylor
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 09:37:50

Love your busy desk! You have such a wonderful variety of styles there, and I love the dark one with the face just visible. Looks like you’ll have great fun working on these! Hope you have a great week, and thanks so much for stopping by my desk,
    Diana #28

20. 505whimsygirl/Kay
    Apr 17, 2015 @ 17:04:57

Hello Pat,

How fun. I think I’ll get out my timer and do the same thing. It will definitely be interesting to make myself stop no matter what point I am.
    Your background look great. I do love the one with the yellowish circles.

Thanks for visiting me already.
    Happy belated WOYWW
    Peace,
    Kay (4)

21. Soojay
    Apr 18, 2015 @ 17:59:53

Thanks for your kind comments. Your projects look like such fun! I like the idea of a timer to get it done by. I too have been watching lots of Syfy Stuff and adore “The walking dead” and “Vampire Diaries”

22. Marit
    Apr 20, 2015 @ 12:09:25

I see a hedgehog coming from that ‘dark page’…!! It’s always a nice surprise to discover ‘creatures’ in our pages isn’t it? Happy (much belated) woyww and a hug from Holland, Marit #27