WOYWW 297

After what seems like forever, I’m back and jumping right in to WOYWW (what’s on your workdesk Wednesday) blog hop. (WOYWW you ask? Check out the gang at Stamping Ground for a worldwide tour of creative desks today.)

January was an extremely busy month at Casa Tavi, what with celebrating my 60th birthday in Maui (absolutely fabulous), having the entire interior of our home in AZ painted (while living in residence and corralling cats on a daily basis), getting all the carpets cleaned (they will be back to do the tile) and working on remaining calm while everything around us was in a turmoil. AHHHH to have our house back to “normal”, well almost. Still have to hang pictures, but at least we can walk through the house without doing a serpentine maneuver.

So today I can actually share what is on my desk (stuff and supplies still being reassembled).

2015-02-11 10.33.30

My desk ready for a day of EXPLORING. Still need to do something about the lighting, and I was so glad that I had grabbed my “essential” supplies so that I could continue to be creative during the disruption.

2015-02-11 10.32.53

A closeup of what is planned for today. From the left:

1. Artfully Inspired Life: finish off January with SPARKS flying. I am waiting on a delivery for my new Parallel Pilot Pens to begin February with PASSION.
  2. Mixing It Up FB group January swap: Tag and ATC received from a new FB friend. I sent off my first Tag and ATC and our lovely coordinator for the month mixed us up. Wow, such love. Getting ready for the February Monthly Challenge, what do you love?
  3. Documented Life Project: Black Gesso. I had started this at the beginning of January and then decided to put it aside. Some of the weeks are already done, and I decided that I don’t have to do everything. More to show next week.
  4. LifeBook: Getting ready to do another amazing lesson with Tam. I think I am ready for the Affirmation Feather. yeah.

It is so great to get back to being able to make something beautiful every day. Cats are adjusting pretty well. Socrates has his “spot” and Newton has less access to plastic chewing attractions. He still lets me know when it is time for dinner starting at 4:25 pm.  Looking forward to hopping around the blogs today and tomorrow. Have a fabulous day!

19 Comments (+add yours?)

1. Sharon Estes
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 18:29:42

Pat I like your blog it has been a while since i was here. Now I know who you are I will visit often and leave a lot of bloggers love. Sorry about the Mix up in the Tag/ATC Swap, my first time being hostess. And in a Snow Storm.
    Great bloggers love.
    Sharon Estes.

• Administrator
      Feb 14, 2015 @ 23:45:44

Sharon:
      Thx so much for stopping by. I am madly in love with me LOVE tag and atc. Thx again for being the hostess with the mostess for this monthly swap.

Luv Pat

2. Catiecuddles
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 22:36:07

What a fab space and some lovely creations going on there! Bet you are glad for the house returning to some normality, such disruption is hard to remain calm and creative I often find!
    Thanks for sharing, and happy WOYWW!
    Catiecuddles aka Catherine #32

3. Margaret Wright
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 22:45:24

Hello Pat. Thanks for already visiting. Don’t think I have found you before… Trust you got everything done that you had planned.
    Take care. God bless.
    Margaret #6

4. Create With Joy
    Feb 11, 2015 @ 22:52:51

Hi Pat,

Thanks so much for stopping by – I’m so glad you’re back on WOYWW!

Your desk looks lovely – I esp like the white flowers on the black backdrop!

Looking forward to seeing more of your art (and your cats!) in the future.

Hope you’ll come party with us at Inspire Me Monday / Friendship Friday!

Happy Valentine’s Day to you! 🙂

5. Nan G
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 04:15:53

Yes T was staking out her territory as soon as she had access to the new room of stash/studio. Baby still likes to squeeze behind on the chair. Easier for her to grab the start piece of ribbon/twine or make a grab for the paint brush. 🙂 love your huge desk and the shelving. Hugs and Happy WOYWW! Nan G #62

6. Robyn Oliver
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 11:45:12

Hi Pat – hope your redecoration turmoil settles soon – sounds exciting too, new look interior. You’ve a great looking desk area and your journals truly interesting. Have a great week and thanks for visiting RobynO#12

7. Lizzie
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 13:08:26

Hi Pat, I came by from Julia’s, to see what happens at your blog.
    Your January sounds kind of chaotic – I’m sure you are pleased to be back to normal now. We had a building project, which took most of 2013 – it was sooo amazing to get our home back and have no more builders!
    You have a great desk space – all that nice built-in storage for your stash. And there are some lovely projects on the desk top too!

8. Krisha
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 15:29:53

Thanks for the earlier visit Pat.

WOW! love the journal pages you have started.

Must feel good to have everything starting to fall into place……belated birthday wished.

Krisha #4

9. Zsuzsa Karoly-Smith
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 20:31:00

Hi Pat! Nice to have you back on WOYWW! Sounds like you’ve been very busy and have some amazing projects in the making! Enjoy your new and improved interior. I LOVE the names you gave to your cats! It looks like creative people give their cats cool names! Happy belated WOYWW! Thanks for visiting earlier. zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle

10. VonnyK
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 22:42:18

What a busy time you’ve had but how lovely to have a freshly painted house. Love your desk and that zebra cup is gorgeous. Have a great week.
    Von #26

11. LLJ
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 22:44:17

Firstly, Happy belated 60th, Pat!! Hope you had a wonderful time in Maui….I’m extremely envious of you 🙂
    I love that white flowers on black, so elegant and very different. That would make a stunning artwork!
    Hope the cats have settled down after all the upheaval in the house. I only have to get the vacuum cleaner out and mine are out the door at 60pmh!!
    Hugs, LLJ 23 xx

12. Angela
    Feb 12, 2015 @ 23:20:57

Happy birthady, hope it was a good one, certainly sounds as if it was.
    Bet you’re pleased to be able to get back to normal and I’m sure the cats will be. You look as though you are getting yourself organised and loads of lovely projects on the way. Thank you so much for the visit, you’re comment was much appreciated. Hope you have a great crafty week, Angela x 37

13. RosA
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 01:45:12

Hi Pat,
    Happy Birthday! Sounds like you had a great time!
    I am so envious of your lovely display of distress inks. They do look pretty there. I like that your desk looks both tidy and creative at the same time. Wish I could achieve that 🙂
    Thanks for dropping by earlier too. Have a good week.

14. Sue
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 09:46:11

Hi Pat, Sounds like you have had a big upheaval. hope it;s all sorted soon.

Loving your projects.

Thanks for stopping by my blog. By the way you are No.72, not 71:)

You asked what was Iris Folding. here’s a link to a YouTube video, which should help. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=25IfcffmE7I If the link doesn’t work, just type iris folding into YouTube and you’ll see loads of videos.

Happy WOYWW
    Sue #29

15. Diana Taylor
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 16:21:49

Gosh, you certainly have a lot of projects on the go! I’m loving the black page with the white flowers, it’s really striking and eye catching. Hope you have a great week,
    Diana #36

16. Kristiina
    Feb 13, 2015 @ 17:51:03

Your desk looks like a nice workspace with everything near! You seem to be deep in this journaling stuff, I just started my first journaling project (the DLP), also giving myself permission to skip one every now and then 🙂
    Thanks for your visit
    Kristiina #21

17. Lisca Meijer
    Feb 14, 2015 @ 23:00:20

A belated happy 60th Pat! Thanks for visiting earlier in the week.
    Gosh you must be glad you’ve got your house back after all the turmoil. Glad the cats have settled again too.
    You’ve got some lovely stuff on your desk. I assume that the white flowers on black is about the black gesso. I like it a lot. Do you know how you are going to finish it yet?
    Have a great weekend,
    CU Wednesday,
    Lisca#38

18. neet
    Feb 18, 2015 @ 09:03:06

Looking busy and I love the black page with the white flowers on.
    Cannot begin to imagine what chaos your home must have been in whilst having all that work done but at least you were chilled from your trip to Mauii. I have some friends in CA who go there all the time – sounds wonderful.
    Hugs, Neet xx